Elevate the entrepreneurial spirit. This is one of the five core values that serve as the guiding principles of our parent company, align5. This blog is dedicated to the visionaries of the world. Being an entrepreneur is not just being a business owner; it is a rare mentality and dedicated lifestyle.
Think about it- just how dull the world would be without the brilliance, tireless hours of work, financial investments, and the relentless ambition of the thought leaders that shaped civilization and transformed entire industries. Without the revolutionary concepts of entrepreneurs such as Henry Ford, Alexander Graham Bell and Steve Jobs, our days of the long 2020 shutdown would have been even more torturous than what was already a painful experience. (personally, I may even be inclined to mention Michael Lindell, owner of My Pillow on that same list).
As a team, we compiled a list of five entrepreneurs that we hold in high regard. It is worthy to mention that this roster could be a lengthy scroll of names, but we chose a few of our favorites to spotlight for your reading pleasure. These are people that we recognize as determined hustlers that have a knack for identifying and seizing opportunity.
5) Jesse Itzler- What does bustin’ rhymes, private jet planes, slam dunks and coconut water have in common? I am not sure, but whatever it is; Jesse Itzler has it mastered. Jesse is a multifaceted icon across the business and entertainment worlds. Before tapping into his entrepreneurial instincts, Jesse made a name for himself in the music industry as a rapper and songwriter. Jesse became the co-founder of Marquis Jet and Alphabet City Sports, partner in Zico Coconut Water, sole founder of The 100 Mile Group and an owner of the NBA Atlanta Hawks. As if that isn’t impressive enough, Jesse also is a NY Times best-selling author and public speaker. We see you, Jesse!
4) Jeff Hoffman- Jeff was born to be an entrepreneur. After launching his first software company during college, Jeff continued to launch and build several startup companies, including Priceline. Priceline currently holds a hefty market cap of an impressive $45 billion. Currently, Jeff holds position as Chairman for the Global Entrepreneurship where he lends his expertise to many universal organizations. Beyond his proven successful business ventures, Jeff taps into his creative side as a renown Hollywood film producer, Grammy winning album producer and Emmy winning television series producer. Jeff inspires others through his motivational speaking arrangements and publications. Makes us wonder- when does Jeff find time to Netflix and chill?
3) Walt Disney- “It all started with a mouse” says Walt, whose dynasty is perhaps the most loved and recognized brand across the globe by all ages and demographics. Walt is not only the pioneer of the cartoon and animation industry, but his whimsical vision of family amusement park destinations has also put smiles on millions of faces since the opening of Disney Land in 1955. With countless acquisitions and franchises, it is no surprise that the Walt Disney Company today holds assets worth over 201.55 billion dollars and media generated revenue of over 65 billion dollars. Next time you have “Let it Go” stuck in your head for the 5th day straight or you hold tight onto your mouse ears as your cart plunges down Splash Mountain, thank Mr. Disney (and his kid at heart) for his over-the-top entrepreneurial spirit.
2) Sara Blakely- Sara is the founder of the original physical image filter that every woman over 40 has tucked in her drawer for special occasions. As a result of ambition, pride, and hard work, she created global hosiery brand, Spanx, at the young age of 27. According to Sara, “It all started with a pair of pantyhose, some scissors and a bright idea”. Because of her hands-on (from the ground up) leadership approach, determination and philanthropic involvement, Sara has landed recognition in major publications such as Forbes and Times Magazine. Today, Sara holds a net worth of $1billion dollars and many grateful consumers in need of a self-image boost around the world. Side note- she is married to Jesse Itzler AND once was employed by Disney World Parks.
1) Richard Branson- Sir Richard Branson undeniably can be considered one the greatest business geniuses of all time. After all, not many can claim on their resume that they were knighted at Buckingham Palace for "services to entrepreneurship". Since starting his first business venture at the young age of 16, his successes kept piling up. After founding Virgin records (no explanation needed), things really “took flight” as his brand invaded the aviation industry. The list goes on for Sir Richard’s business accomplishments. Today the Virgin Group controls more than 400 companies in various fields around the globe. Beyond his commanding business empire, Branson continues to earn respect and recognition for his world-changing charitable influences.
What is one characteristic that these and all entrepreneurs have in common? Action. An idea or vision without action will never even have an opportunity to reap results. The align5 brands are led by an amazingly clever entrepreneur, John Ratliff. John is full of ideas, visions, and business intelligence. Without our leader’s assertive drive for strategic implementation and an eagerness for forward momentum, well…I would not have a job and there would be thousands of appreciative consumers who would be missing out on the experiences and solutions that our companies provide. To sum it up- remember- elevate the entrepreneurial spirit!
Align.Space is designed for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs. Our shared workspace creates an environment that ignites creativity, collaboration, and productivity. Located in downtown West Chester, our three floors of coworking space gives professionals, entrepreneurs and small business owners an innovative and safe office setting to focus on what matters. Contact us to schedule a tour or learn more about our flexible and convenient membership options.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for events, offers and other news.